Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems
This course is aimed at plumbing and heating engineers who already have knowledge of the basic requirements of hot and cold water systems and central heating systems.
- Unvented hot water storage systems and their operating principles.
- Design and installation of unvented hot water storage systems.
- Maintenance of unvented hot water storage systems.
- Meeting the requirements of Building Standards Part J – conservation of fuel and power.
- Sealed central heating systems (for information only as this is often used to provide primary hot water to unvented systems).
Water Byelaws 2014
This course is aimed at practising plumbers who already have knowledge of hot and cold water systems, water inspectors and anyone involved with the specification, design or installation of water systems
- The Byelaws
- Materials and substances in contact with water
- Requirements for water fittings
- Water system design & installation
- Commissioning (flushing, testing & sterilisation)
- Prevention of cross connection to unwholesome water
- Backflow prevention
- Cold water services
- Hot water services
- WCs, flushing devices & urinals
- Sanitary appliances & water for outside use
Legionella Risk Assessments and Water System Disinfection for Mechanical Services
The Cleaning and disinfection of any water system is work that should be carried out by competent mechanical services engineers.
The course is designed to meet the training requirements of the “Approved Code of Practice (ACoP): Legionnaires’ disease: The control of Legionella bacteria in water systems” and the technical guidance HSG274 Part 2: The control of Legionella in hot and cold water systems (HSG274).
- Properties of water
- Practical risk assessment and design considerations
- Disinfection of cold water systems
|Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems|
|Water Byelaws 2014|
|Legionella Risk Assessments and Water System Disinfection for Mechanical Services|